This Virtual Training Services (VTS) offering on Scaling and Implementing Multiprotocol Label Switching Virtual Private Networks (MPLS VPN) is an educational session that includes lecture by a Cisco subject matter expert and hands-on practice exercises that focus on scaling MPLS VPNs and implementing Inter-Autonomous System (Inter-AS) MPLS VPNs. This session provides you with the knowledge and skills to deploy, operate, and maintain MPLS VPN-based services in an Internet Service Provider (ISP) backbone network. You will learn the factors that affect scaling within an MPLS VPN, how to deploy route reflectors for MPLS VPNs, and how to implement Inter-AS MPLS VPNs. Hands-on labs reinforce the lecture materials to make sure that you have the working skills to affect the networks you support.
- Virtual classroom offering: two days, six hours a day.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Scale an MPLS VPN network
- Implement and verify various Inter-AS MPLS VPN solutions
- Session Introduction
- Scale MPLS VPNs
- Implement Inter-AS MPLS VPNs
- Lab 1: Lab Familiarization
- Use Cisco IOS Software commands to discover the lab topology
- Lab 2: Implement VPNv4 Route Reflector
- Configure and verify BGP route reflectors for VPNv4 routes
- Lab 3: Implement Inter-AS MPLS VPNs using MP-EBGP for VPNv4
- Implement and verify Inter-AS MPLS VPNs using Option B
- Lab 4: Implement Inter-AS MPLS VPNs using BGP IPv4+ Label with Route Reflector
- Implement and verify Inter-AS MPLS VPNs using Option C
- Lab 5: Implement Inter-AS MPLS VPNs to Multiple Autonomous Systems
- Implement and verify Inter-AS MPLS VPNs using Option B and Option C
- This session is intended for network professionals, including designers, implementers, and support staff involved with design and deployment of large-scale networks for large enterprises or high-end ISP networks that provide MPLS VPN-based services.
- This VTS supports a maximum of 12 students in a single session.
Following are the prerequisites for this course.
- Ability to efficiently use Cisco IOS® Software command-line interface (CLI) to perform Cisco IOS Software configuration
- Ability to configure, optimize, and scale dynamic routing protocols, in particular Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Ability to configure basic MPLS