The Configuring the Cisco Nexus Data Center (CCNDC) is a 5-day instructor-led course that introduces the learners to designing and configuring a data center network to support a virtual computing environment (VCE). The students learn about configuring the Cisco Nexus 7000 (NX-OS 6.1) and 5000 (NX-OS 5.2) Series Switches, as well as the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders and Cisco Nexus 1000V virtual switch into a scalable data center network.
Using the Cisco Nexus and MDS family of products, the learner constructs a highly available and modular network infrastructure that can be used to provide virtualized cloud-based services. Student will learn how to scale the data center Layer 2 environment using Cisco® FabricPath and Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV).
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe current data center strategies such as cloud computing, virtualization, and unified fabric
- Configure a modern end-to-end data center infrastructure using the Cisco Nexus 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series products to support a virtual computing environment
- Configure a Cisco Nexus unified fabric data center network using Ethernet and Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Configure a Cisco MDSbased Fibre Channel data center storage area network
- Connect VMware vSphere ESX-based virtual machines using redundant connections to a unified data center fabric based on Cisco Nexus technology
- Configure a data center network to enable virtual machine migration using VMware VMotion and Storage VMotion technologies
- Configure a Cisco Nexus 1000V distributed virtual switching environment
- Scale the Layer 2 data center environment using Cisco FabricPath
- Connect multiple data centers together using OTV
- Network or data center professionals involved in the design, implementation, or support of virtualized and/or cloud compute data centers.
The recommended knowledge and skills that a learner should have for the best learning outcome include:
- Experience using Cisco IOS Software for configuration of IP, MPLS VPN, Metro Ethernet, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), BPPBorder Gateway Protocol (BGP), and Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS).
- Basic understanding of QoS Operations