Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Explain what a voice gateway is, how it works, and describe its usage, components, and features.
- Describe the characteristics and configuration elements of VoIP call legs.
- Describe how to implement IP phones using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Describe the components of a dial plan and explain how to implement a dial plan on a Cisco Unified voice gateway.
- Explain what gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Elements are, how they work, and what features they support.
- Describe why QoS is needed, what functions it performs, and how it can be implemented in a Cisco Unified Communications network.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Voice Gateways
- VoIP Call Legs
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Endpoints
- Implementation Dial Plan
- Implementation Gatekeeper and Cisco Unified Border Element
- Implementation Quality of Service
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows :
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking including LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing.
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco IOS routers in IP environment at the CCNA level.
- Basic knowledge of traditional voice, converged voice, and data networks at the CCNA Voice level.