DCASI is a 5-day, instructor-led, lecture / lab course that teaches you how to design, deploy, and optimize intelligent network services using the Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) Appliance, Service Module v2.0 and GSS. This course covers all of the key features of the ACE 2.0 software, including resource virtualization and management, server load balancing (Layer 2-4 and Layer 7), SSL termination and offload, and security features like application-layer inspection and fixups.
- CCNA Data Center
- Describe IP application delivery with the ACE module.
- Describe the structure and function of the Modular Policy CLI statements used to configure ACE features.
- Describe the capabilities the ACE module used to load balance IP-based applications.
- Identify the layer 7 processing options used to provide advanced application networking.
- Create new contexts and resource classes.
- Create class maps and serverfarms.
- Configure an ACE context load balance traffic flows.
- Configure an ACE context to monitor real servers.
- Implement fixups and inspection.
- Describe the ACE features that provide IP application security.
- Implement SSL termination.
- Configure network address translations.
- Describe the high availability features of the ACE module.
- Configure an ACE context to perform a variety functions in an integrated environment.
- Troubleshoot common SLB configuration errors.
Module 1: Data Center Application Services Overview
- IP-Based Data Center Applications
- Introducing ACE Family Solutions
- Deploying the ACE Appliance and Service Module
Module 2: Implementing Server Load Balancing
- Modular Policy CLI
- Managing the ACE Appliance and Service Module
- Security Features
- Layer 4 Load Balancing
- Health Monitoring
- Layer 7 Protocol Processing
- Processing Secure Connections
- Migrating From CSS and CSM
Module 3: Implementing Web Application Acceleration
- Web Application Acceleration Overview
- Deploying Application Acceleration and Optimization
- Integrating Multiple Features
Module 4: Implementing Site-to-Site Load Balancing
- Deploying the GSS
- Managing the GSS
- Implementing Global Server Load Balancing
Module 5: Redundancy and Troubleshooting
- High Availability
- Troubleshooting Application Services
- Channel Partner / Reseller
You will gain the most from this course if you have a basic understanding of the following topics:
- TCP / IP protocol
- HTTP and SSL protocols
- N-tier application architecture
- Server load-balancing