This Virtual Training Services (VTS) offering on Implementing Multiprotocol Label Switching Virtual Private Network (MPLS VPN) Services is an educational session that includes lecture by a Cisco subject matter expert and hands-on practice exercises on implementing multicast and quality of service (QoS) within an MPLS VPN. It also covers extending an MPLS VPN to the customer edge device using Multi-VRF. This session provides you with the knowledge and skills to deploy, operate, and maintain MPLS VPN based services in an Internet Service Provider (ISP) backbone network. Hands-on labs reinforce the lecture materials to make sure that you have the working skills to affect the networks you support.
Duration Virtual classroom offering: two days, six hours a day.
Upon completion of this session, you should be able to:
- Implement and verify QoS within an MPLS VPN
- Implement and verify multicast within an MPLS VPN
- Implement and verify an MPLS VPN utilizing a multi-VRF customer edge router
- Session Introduction
- Implement Quality of Service in MPLS VPN Networks
- Implement Multicast Services within an MPLS VPN
- Implement a Multi-VRF Customer Edge (VRF-Lite)
- Lab 1: Lab Familiarization
- Use Cisco IOS Software commands to discover the lab topology
- Lab 2: Implement QoS in an MPLS VPN
- Implement and verify MPLS QoS operation within an MPLS VPN
- Lab 3: Implement Multicast within an MPLS VPN
- Implement and verify multicast functionality within an MPLS VPN
- Lab 4: Implement and Verify Multi-VRF to extend a VPN to a customer edge device
- Implement and verify Multi-VRF using OSPF and BGP between the provider edge device and the customer edge device
- This session is intended for network professionals, including designers, implementers, and support staff involved with design and deployment of large-scale networks for large enterprises or high-end ISP networks that provide MPLS and MPLS-based services.
- This VTS supports a maximum of 12 students in a single session.
Following are the prerequisites for this course.
Ability to efficiently use Cisco IOS® Software command-line interface (CLI) to perform Cisco
- IOS Software configuration
- Ability to configure, optimize, and scale dynamic routing protocols, in particular Open
- Shortest Path First (OSPF), Intermediate System-to-System (IS-IS), Enhanced Interior
- Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Ability to configure basic MPLS
- Ability to configure and troubleshooting basic MPLS VPNs
- Familiarity with IP multicast routing and ability to configure and verify basic IP multicast routing
- Familiarity with QoS and service-level agreement principles