The Maintaining Service Provider Quality of Service (MSPQS) course is a three-day instructor-led training (ILT) course designed to provide learners with the knowledge needed to provide support in a service-provider environment using quality-of-service (QoS) mechanisms. The course focuses on the QoS mechanisms, how they are implemented using Cisco IOS® Software and Cisco IOS XR Software, and how to perform monitoring and troubleshooting of QoS in service provider environments.
- CCNP Service Provider Operations
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to meet these overall objectives:
● Identify the typical QoS requirements in service provider networks and list solutions and describe the change, performance, and fault management procedures for QoS.
● Perform changes in the configuration of QoS based on designs and implementation templates as well as ITIL®-based change management processes and procedures
● Gather and interpret performance statistics for QoS mechanisms using various tools such as show commands and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-based monitoring tools.
● Perform fault management for QoS mechanisms using various tools such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools.
● Module 0: Course Introduction
● Module 1: Service Provider QoS Operation Processes 1.1: Service Provider QoS Overview 1.2: Service Provider Routing Operation Processes Based on ITIL®
● Module 2: Change Management for QoS 2.1: Implementing QoS Mechanisms in Service Provider Networks 2.2: Adding Core and Edge Routers or Core and Edge Links and Implementing QoS 2.3: Analyze Lab Scenario
● Module 3: Performance Management for QoS 3.1: Monitor QoS Performance in the Core and Edge 3.2: Analyze Lab Scenario
● Module 4: Fault Management for QoS 4.1: Troubleshoot QoS in the Edge and Core 4.2: Analyze Lab Scenario Lab Outline The lab outline is as follows:
● Module 1 Lab 1-1: Familiarization with the Lab Setups, Including Connectivity; Lab Topology
● Module 2 Lab 2-1: Adding Edge Routers
● Module 3 Lab 3-1: Monitor QoS Performance in the Core and Edge
● Module 4 Lab 4-1: Troubleshoot QoS
● Support staff
● Service provider network operations center (NOC) personnel
● Service provider engineers
● Service provider partners
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Networking skills and experience using Cisco IOS software command line interface (CLI)
- Operations process knowledge and ability to use NMS tools to monitor networks and network devices
- Ability to implement Service Provider change management procedures and configuration management procedures
- Understanding of and ability to identify the critical factors for availability, scalability and manageability of OSPF, IS-IS and BGP Protocols
- Ability to execute IOS and IOS XR configuration and monitoring commands
- Unix and / or Linux operating system experience as applied to IP network environments