With this course, students will learn how to deploy, configure, and administer Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions as well as manage security and compliance in cloud solutions. Students will also be able to execute a phased cloud migration and explore virtual machines.
- Describe cloud operations.
- Plan cloud services Implementation.
- Deploy a cloud application with Digital Ocean.
- Deploy a cloud application with Heroku.
- Deploy websites with Microsoft Azure.
- Implement Azure Cloud Services and virtual machines.
- Manage Azure applications with Visual Studio.
- Deploy applications to Opscode Chef.
- Manage server state with Puppet.
- Implement Rackspace Cloud Servers.
- Import and export data from cloud services.
- Manage security and compliance in cloud solutions.
- Plan and execute a phased cloud migration.
Lesson 1: Overview of Cloud Operations
- Topic A: Overview of Cloud Computing Technologies and Roles
- Topic B: IT Administration Requirements for Cloud Services
- Topic C: Business Requirements for Cloud Service Administration
Lesson 2: Planning Cloud Service Implementation
- Topic A: Determine Hardware, Software, and Network Requirements
- Topic B: Assess Risks of a Cloud Deployment
- Topic C: Coordinate with End Users and Business Stakeholders
- Topic D: Plan Automation and Configuration Management
- Topic E: Determine Cloud Service Support Resources
Lesson 3: Deploying a Cloud Application with DigitalOcean
- Topic A: Determine Cloud Application Implementation Requirements
- Topic B: Deploy a Droplet on DigitalOcean
Lesson 4: Deploying a Cloud Application with Heroku
- Topic A: Identify Cloud Application Features of Heroku
- Topic B: Deploy a Heroku App
- Topic C: Scale and Update Applications on Heroku
- Topic D: Secure Heroku Applications with Git Bash
Lesson 5: Deploying Websites and Apps with Microsoft Azure
- Topic A: Overview of Microsoft Azure
- Topic B: Deploy Websites and Apps in Microsoft Azure
- Topic C: Manage Data and Storage in Microsoft Azure
Lesson 6: Implementing Azure Cloud Services and Virtual Machines
- Topic A: Implement Azure Cloud Services
- Topic B: Implement Azure Virtual Machines
- Topic C: Manage Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
Lesson 7: Managing Azure Applications with Visual Studio
- Topic A: Publish Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
- Topic B: Migrate .NET Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
Lesson 8: Introduction to AWS
- Topic A: AWS Components
- Topic B: AWS Deployment
Lesson 9: Deploying Applications to Opscode Chef
- Topic A: Overview of Opscode Chef
- Topic B: Install the Chef Client
- Topic C: Implement Chef Cookbooks
Lesson 10: Managing Cloud Services with Chef
- Topic A: Manage Azure Services with Chef
- Topic B: Manage AWS with OpsWorks
Lesson 11: Introduction to Puppet
- Topic A: Determine How Puppet Can Streamline Cloud Management
- Topic B: Explore Components of Puppet
Lesson 12: Implementing Rackspace Cloud Servers
- Topic A: Overview of OpenStack
- Topic B: Overview of Rackspace Cloud Services
- Topic C: Deploy a Rackspace Cloud Server
- Topic D: Manage QoS
Lesson 13: Importing and Exporting Data from Cloud Services
- Topic A: Determine Requirements for Cloud Data Import and Export
- Topic B: Import Data to and Export Data from a Cloud Network
- Lesson 14: Managing Security and Compliance in Cloud Solutions
- Topic A: Secure Cloud Solutions
- Topic B: Manage Compliance for Cloud Solutions
Lesson 14: Planning and Executing a Phased Cloud Migration
- Topic A: Plan a Phased Migration
- Topic B: Execute Phase 1: Cloud Assessment
- Topic C: Execute Phase 2: Deploy a Proof of Concept
- Topic D: Execute Phase 3: Data Migration
- Topic E: Execute Phase 4: Application Migration
- Topic F: Execute Phase 5: Implement Cloud Features
- Topic G: Execute Phase 6: Optimize Cloud Implementations
Designed for system administrators or cloud technologists who need to develop their skills on evaluation, deployment, and administration of cloud services. This includes evaluating and selecting Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions and deployment applications to the cloud, as well as maintain, securing and optimizing cloud solutions to achieve the best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI)
Basic network and server administration, as well as a strong understanding of cloud Technologies. Besides, the student should be familiar with evaluating, selecting and implementing Software as Service (SaaS) solutions. This type of knowledge can be obtained by taking the NCTA Cloud Technologies.