The course aims to provide participants with depth knowledge on the tools provided by the Wireshark software for the network traffic analysis, both from the protocol point of view and from the applications that generate such packets.
- Wireshark functions and features
- Default settings
- Capture interfaces
- Live Capture and Filtering
- Offline Trace Analysis
- Wireless traffic capture
- LAN and WAN network protocols
- Network Troubleshooting
- Traffic Statitics Analysis
- Layer 2 traffic capture
- Layer 3 protocols and networks
- Routing protocols analysis and capture
- VoIP protocols
- SIP signalling and RTP traffic capture operation
- Signalling Analysis via Wireshark graphic tool
- Voice flow: offline decoding
Network administrators and ICT technical personnel involved in Advanced Troubleshooting and Optimization.
IP networks understanding and knowledge of main protocols used in these networks.
During the course trainees conduct practical exercises targeted to the use of the software and its functionality within a layer 2 and layer 3 test network.