The Cisco Prime Service Catalog 10 Advanced Reporting instructor-led course offered by Cisco® High-Touch Delivery Learning Services is a lab-intensive course that introduces you to use Cisco Prime Service Catalog Release 10 advanced reporting.
Cisco Prime Service Catalog software is a self-service portal that allows users to order and manage any type of IT service, from the data center to desktop. The service catalog software lets IT standardize and consolidate a wide array of services, and it gives end users a self-service shopping experience. It also standardizes, unifies, and automates delivery processes for data center and workplace services.
The Cisco Prime Service Catalog 10 Advanced Reporting course teaches students how to use the reporting and advanced reporting modules in Cisco Prime Service Catalog 10. Students learn how to run reports published in the Cisco Prime Service Catalog Reporting module, and learn how to build custom reports using the Cisco Prime Service Catalog datamart using IBM Cognos® Query Studio and IBM Cognos® Report Studio. Students gain an understanding of reporting best practices and learn to perform reporting administration.
This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to ensure that you can successfully design, configure, and publish Cisco Prime Service Catalog 10 reports.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Use Cisco Prime Service Catalog Reporting and Advanced Reporting modules’ features and functions
- Describe the metrics, dimensions, and attributes that are available in Cisco Prime Service Catalog reports
- Use and interpret Cisco Prime Service Catalog standard reports
- Design and configure custom reports using the custom reports data model with IBM Cognos Query Studio and IBM Cognos Report Studio
- Perform reporting administration
- Module 1: Lab Access
- Module 2: Reporting Overview
- Module 3: Datamart: Metrics, Measures, and Attributes
- Module 4: Standard Reports
- Module 5: Ad Hoc Reporting and IBM Cognos Query Studio
- Module 6: Advanced Reporting and IBM Cognos Report Studio
- Module 7: Reporting Administration
- Lab 1: Lab Access
- Lab 2: Standard Reports Data Package
- Lab 3: Standard Reports Inventory
- Lab 4: Running Reports
- Lab 5: Ad Hoc Reporting: List Reports
- Lab 6: Ad Hoc Reporting: Cross-Tab Reports
- Lab 7: Ad Hoc Reporting: Charts
- Lab 8: Ad Hoc Reporting: Advanced IBM Cognos Query Studio Features
- Lab 9: Advanced Reporting: Report IBM Cognos Query Studio Basics
- Lab 10: Advanced Reporting: Repeater Reports
- Lab 11: Advanced Reporting: Master Detail Reports
- Lab 12: Advanced Reporting: Filters, Prompts, and Parameters
- Lab 13: Advanced Reporting: Modifying Standard Reports
- Lab 14: Report Administration: Scheduling Reports
- Lab 14: Report Administration: Report Permissions
- Lab 14: Report Administration: Managing Reportable Dictionaries and Services
This course is designed for anyone responsible for using Cisco Prime Service Catalog 10 Reporting and Advanced Reporting modules for in-depth analysis of service request and service fulfillment transactions. The primary audience for this course includes:
- Business analysts
- Service designers
- Service managers
- Site administrators
- You must understand the basic functions and uses of Cisco Prime Service Catalog in general and be familiar with the service delivery goals and objectives of your service team, business unit, and organization.