Cisco Unified Communications support several features and mechanisms to secure voice signaling and communications and to prevent vulnerabilities in Cisco Unified Communications networks. The UCSEC v1.0 course introduces security mechanisms and describes different implementation scenarios that increase security level in Cisco Unified Communications networks.
- Vulnerabilities of Cisco Unified Communications Networks
- Security Fundamentals
- Network Infrastructure Security
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Endpoint Security Features
- Secure Cisco Unified Communications Integration and Features
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks.
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS gateways, Cisco Unified SRST gateways, and Cisco Unified Border Element.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
Additional beneficial knowledge and skills:
- CCNP Voice certification is recommended.
- Knowledge of network security fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS Firewall and Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance firewalls.
- Knowledge of IPsec and / or SSL VPNs.
CCNA Security certification is recommended by attending the following Cisco learning offerings:
- Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE) v8.0
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1) v8.0
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2) v8.0.
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) v1.0 )