Today’s workplace is ever changing. With more people working from various locations and different time zones, collaboration needs to be flexible and on-demand. Google Drive and its office productivity applications support both real-time and asynchronous collaboration. In this course, you will learn the capability of Google Drive and its productivity applications and work within the Google Apps environment.
In this course, you will use your knowledge of productivity tools to work productively in the cloud-based Google Apps environment.
- Navigate in the Google Apps environment.
- Store documents by using Google Drive.
- Collaborate with Google Docs, Slides, and Drawings.
- Collaborate with Google Sheets and Forms.
- Communicate using Google Hangouts.
- Manage schedules by using Google Calendar.
- Collaborate by using Google Sites.
Lesson 1: Getting Started
- Topic A: Navigate Google Apps
- Topic B: Communicate Using Gmail
Lesson 2: Storing Documents Using Google Drive
- Topic A: Add Folders and Files
- Topic B: Manage Folders and Files
Lesson 3: Collaborating Using Google Docs, Slides, and Drawings
- Topic A: Collaborate Using Google Docs
- Topic B: Collaborate Using Google Slides
- Topic C: Collaborate Using Google Drawings
Lesson 4: Collaborating Using Google Sheets and Forms
- Topic A: Collaborate Using Google Sheets
- Topic B: Collaborate Using Google Forms
Lesson 5: Communicating Using Google Hangouts
- Topic A: Communicate Using Hangout Conversations
- Topic B: Communicate Using Hangout Video Calls
Lesson 6: Managing Schedules Using Google Calendar
- Topic A: Create Events
- Topic B: Customize Your Calendar
- Topic C: Create an Additional Calendar
- Topic D: Manage Tasks
Lesson 7: Collaborating Using Google Sites
- Topic A: Create a Google Site
- Topic B: Edit a Google Site
- Topic C: Manage a Google Site
Appendix A: Configuring Account Settings and Maintaining Security
This course is designed for business users, educators, students, and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields who have a basic knowledge of office-productivity applications and who want to be able to use Google Apps to create, manage, store, and share various types of files for personal or professional use.
This course is also designed for IT professionals who need familiarity with the Google Apps end-user environment to be effective as Google Cloud Services systems administrators or solutions developers in their organizations.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user level skills with Microsoft Windows and any standard web browser, as well as with standard office productivity applications such as the Microsoft Office 2013 suite. To obtain this level of skills and knowledge, you can take a Logical Operations course such as:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8.1
- Microsoft® Windows® 8.1: Transition from Windows® 7
And, you can take any or all of the courses in the Microsoft Office 2013 curriculum, such as:
- Microsoft® Office Word 2013: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Excel ®2013: Part 1 (Second Edition)
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2013: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2013: Part 1