This course presents configuration design and deployment, and network management and monitoring concepts and tasks using real-world scenarios supported by practical laboratory exercises.
The course includes self checks to help ensure that you have the appropriate knowledge of concepts and procedures.
When you complete this course, you will be able to.
- Describe the architecture, licensing, migration capabilities, assurance, compliance features, and setup of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0.
- Identify the pre-deployment and design tasks in the design lifecycle phase.
- Describe how to deploy device configurations with Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Recognize the different available templates and their capabilities and how to create configurations and deploy them using these templates.
- Describe roles of operations workforce and applicable features of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Perform device discovery and configuration tasks.
- Explore the monitoring and management capabilities of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Create monitoring templates, and perform health and performance monitoring.
- Use Prime Infrastructure to troubleshoot and perform problem isolation.
- Create and customize a wide range of reports using Prime Infrastructure 2.0.
Module 1: Overview of Managing Unified Access with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Overview
- Key Features and Licensing
- Lifecycles Mapped to Organizational Roles
- Device Integration and Management
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Setup
- Technical Requirements
- Deployment Options
- VMware Deployment Steps Using OVA
- Troubleshooting Install
- Auto Deploy
Initial System Administration Tasks in Administer Lifecycle
- License Management
- User Management
- Interface Overview and Management
- System Operations
Module 2: Design Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Design Phase
- Design and Pre-deployment Engineer and Tasks
- Design Lifecycle Features
Creating Sites and Maps
- Create Sites
- Endpoint Association
- Create Maps
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Templates
- Day Zero Configuration and Guided Workflows
- Default Templates
- CLI Templates
- Wireless Templates
- Using Composite Templates
- Plug and Play device deployment
- Creating Sites
- Setup Virtual Domains
- Creating Maps
- Using the Mapping Features
Module 3: Deploy Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Deployment Phase
- Deployment Engineer and Tasks
- Deploy Lifecycle Features
Deploying Device Configurations
- Create Deployment Tasks
- Schedule a Deployment
- Using the Automated Deployment Profiles
Module 4: Operate Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Operation Phase
- Operations Workforce and Tasks
- Operate Lifecycle Features
Discovery and Management Functionalities for Network Engineers and Administrators
Device Work Center Network Assurance
Monitoring and Management Functionalities for Network Operations Center
- Alarms and Events
- Context Aware for location
- Clean Air
Troubleshooting and Problem Isolation Functionalities for Helpdesk and Support
- Clients and Users
- Operational Tasks
- Common Scenarios
Module 5: Report Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Reporting Phase
- Who in the IT Workforce Needs Reports?
- Which Reports They Need?
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Reports
- Reports Dashboard
- Scheduling Reports
- Compliance Reports
- IT engineer, administrators, or managers, including:
- Field engineers
- Technical support professionals
- Network managers
- Security team members
This 3-day classroom-based instructor-led training course provides you with the knowledge and skills to deploy, manage, and maintain a Cisco Prime Infrastructure solution. The course includes laboratory exercises for practical experience in deployment, management, and administration tasks.
To complete the course, you need:
- Experience in wired and wireless network management
- Experience with wired and wireless network management terminology
- To complete the Introducing Prime Infrastructure v2.0 E-Learning course
For best success, we recommend that you also have:
- CCNA-Wireless and CCNA-Route / Switch level knowledge
- Previous training in or experience with CiscoWorks, Network Control System (NCS) or Wireless Control System (WCS)