Finance Advanced in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (80535A)
- Set up Intrastat for use in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Explain how to run and submit Intrastat reports.
- Explain and demonstrate the preparation of the VAT rate change process.
- Explain and set up the VAT rate change tool.
- Explain and demonstrate how to perform a VAT rate change.
- Explain setup requirements for currencies and exchange rates when using multiple currencies.
- Explain setup requirements using multiple currencies with customers, vendors, and bank accounts.
- Describe steps and additional functionality for processing purchase and sales documents that use foreign currency.
- Describe steps and additional functionality for recording and posting multicurrency transactions in the cash receipts journal.
- Describe how to process multicurrency payments using the payments journal.
- Describe how to run the Adjust Exchange Rates batch job for customers, vendors, and bank accounts.
- Explain set up, viewing amounts, daily processing, and periodic processes when using an additional reporting currency.
- Describe how to run the Adjust Exchange Rates batch job for G/L accounts.
- Describe how to view the Exchange Rate Adjustment Register.
- Explain the Budgets feature in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Explain the G/L Budgets page elements.
- Show how to set up budgets manually.
- Explain how to delete budget entries.
- Explain how to create budgets by using the Copy Budget function.
- Explain how to create budgets by using the Export Budget and Import Budget functions.
- Explain the workflow in Cost Accounting.
- Explain and set up Chart of Cost Types, Chart of Cost Centers, Chart of Cost Objects, and Cost Accounting Setup.
- Explain the relationship between the cost accounting and general ledger application areas.
- Set up cost journals.
- Explain how to create cost entries either through a transfer from G/L entries or through posting the cost journal.
- Explain and set up cost budgets by using different copy functions.
- Explain the transfer from budget to actual.
- Explain and set up cost allocations.
- Explain static and dynamic allocations.
- Explain how to allocate costs and cost budgets.
- Explain the cost registers and cost budget registers.
- Explain the deletion of cost entries and cost budget entries.
- Explain different cost accounting reports.
- Provide tips and tricks.
- Explain the functions of the cash flow forecast.
- Explain the setup of the Chart of Cash Flow Account, Cash Flow Setup and Cash Flow Payment Terms.
- Explain how to create cash flow forecasts by using Cash Flow Forecast Cards and Cash Flow Manual Revenues and Expenses.
- Explain how the Cash Flow Worksheet is used.
- Review the registration of the cash flow through Cash Flow Forecast Entries.
- Explain the different Cash Flow Forecast Reporting possibilities.
- Describe filtering and analysis pages related to the chart of accounts.
- Explain how to set up an account schedule and explain other processes that relate to account schedules.
- Demonstrate cost account schedules.
- Demonstrate cash flow account schedules.
- Describe types of dimensions.
- Explain how to set up analysis views.
- Explain the process of exporting analysis views to Microsoft Office Excel 2007, and describe the elements of the exported file.
- Show how to generate analysis by dimensions and other dimension analysis reports.
- Show how to set up a Finance Performance chart.
- Explain the terminology associated with XBRL.
- Explain how to import and update taxonomies.
- Explain how to attach, update, and apply linkbases to taxonomies.
- Describe pages that are related to XBRL lines, and explain how to enter XBRL line definitions
- Demonstrate how to export an instance document.
This course is intended for a partner that sells and implements the finance module to customers.Â The typical partner has an ERP background and is strong in accounting principles.