This course focuses on the foundational skills and knowledge necessary for professionals entering the specialization of network design or working as an apprentice to a more experienced network design engineer. Topics include design of routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organizations, including service virtualization. The Enteprise Composite Model used in the course facilitates the design, planning, implementation, operation and optimization (PDIOO) through modular design and focus on the relations between modules.
Last day to test: December 14, 2015
New version available:
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Discuss methodology in network design.
- Describe how to structure and modularize the network design using the Cisco Enterprise Architecture Design the Enterprise Campus and Enterprise Data Center modules.
- Design the Remote Connectivity modules as needed.
- Design a network addressing plan and select a suitable routing protocol for a given network design.
- Evaluate security solutions for the network.
- Discuss the design implications of voice transport across the network.
- Discuss the design implications of wireless networking.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: Applying a Methodology to Network Design
- Module 2: Structuring and Modularizing the Network
- Module 3: Designing Basic Campus and Data Center Networks
- Module 4: Designing Remote Connectivity
- Module 5: Designing IP Addressing and Selecting Routing Protocols
- Module 6: Evaluating Security Solutions for the Network
- Module 7: Identifying Voice Networking Considerations
- Module 8: Identifying Wireless Networking Considerations
- Module 9: Implementing and Operating the Network Design
- Channel Partner / Reseller
It is strongly recommended that learners have the following skills before attending the DESGN course:
- Cisco CCNAÂ® level knowledge
- Practical experience deploying and operating networks built with Cisco network devices and Cisco IOS software
- CCNPÂ® level knowledge of Cisco switching, as found in the Cisco SWITCH (or BCMSN) courses