This course offers you the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure.
This course focuses on developing in Azure using Storage, Cloud Services, Service Bus, Active Directory, WebSites and SQL among other features. ¬†This course also focuses on using the provided .NET SDKs, REST APIs, configuration and deployment options related to Azure.
Get your Microsoft: Introduction to Azure for Developers training in just 4 days and learn more than you could imagine.
Taught by your official Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), you‚Äôll use Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) and practice tests. You‚Äôll also use Insoft‚Äôs unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, which will immerse you in topics like:
- Creating and Managing Services in Azure
- Managing Infrastructure in Azure
- Creating Modular Web Applications Using Azure
At Insoft , we know your time is valuable. That‚Äôs why we give you the opportunity to gain your Microsoft¬†training in just 4 days.
We provide the best conditions for you to learn.
- Describe Azure and the capabilities that it provides to application developers. ¬†Students will also be able to use the Management Portal to effectively navigate the Azure platform and their deployed applications.
- Use the Management Portal to create, modify, scale and dispose of Azure services. ¬†The students will also use alternative (PowerShell, REST) methods for managing Azure services.
- Create and host a simple website using Azure Websites. ¬†Students will learn how to monitor and manage the website using the Management Portal.
- Build a modular web application and host it using Azure Cloud Service Web Roles.
- Use Cloud Service Worker Roles to process data in the background. ¬†Students will also be able to use Cloud Service Cache Roles to store data in the cache.
- Use Azure SQL to store and retrieve data.
- Store data in Azure Table Storage.
- Store and access multimedia files in Azure using Blob Storage.
- Use Azure Queue Storage to queue data for asynchronous processing. ¬†Students will also learn how to use Azure Service Bus Queues for queuing data.
- Use the Azure Service Bus Relay to connect on-premise services with client applications.
- Use Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs to publish messages to client applications.
- Use Azure Active Directory to implement security in a Cloud web application.
- Deploy web applications to Azure by using WebDeploy and Service Packages.
- Use Azure Mobile Services to provide a scalable and secure web service for mobile applications.
With us by your side, encouraging and guiding you along the way, you can enjoy 4 intense, focused days of quality learning in a distraction free environment. Your expert instructor will be working with Insoft ¬īs unique accelerated learning methods, which include our exclusive lecture/lab/review methodology with real life cases putting you in the best possible position to learn and retain knowledge.
Sitting your Microsoft¬†course and certification with Insoft means:
- You¬īll get more hours of training per day, allowing you to get trained faster and more cost-effectively than with any other training provider.
- You will be trained by one of the most expert instructors in the world.
- You can focus purely on learning in our distraction free environment.
- Dedicated onsite support and access to your classroom at all hours.
- The price you pay is all-inclusive and covers all course materials, transportation service, accommodation and meals.
About this course
Module 1: Overview of Azure
This module describes Azure and the capabilities that it provides to application developers. ¬†Students will also be able to use the Management Portal to effectively navigate the Azure platform and their deployed applications.Lessons
- Azure Overview
- Working with the Azure platform
- Cloud Application Scenarios
Lab : Exploring Azure
Module 2: Creating and Managing Services in Azure
This module describes¬†how to use the Management Portal to create, modify, scale and dispose of Azure services. ¬†The students will also use alternative (PowerShell, REST) methods for managing Azure services.Lessons
- What¬†is a Azure Service?
- Software as a Service
- Platform as a Service
- Infrastructure as a Service
Lab : Managing Cloud Services in Azure
Module 3: Managing Infrastructure in Azure
This module introduces the Azure¬†infrastructure services and describes the features available to Virtual Machines hosted in Azure.Lessons
- Infrastructure in Azure
- Azure Virtual Machines
Lab : Creating an Azure Virtual Machine for Development & Testing
Module 4: Creating Web Sites using Azure
In this module students will be able to create and host a simple website using Azure Websites. ¬†Students will also¬†learn how to monitor and manage the website using the Management Portal.Lessons
- Azure Websites
- Hosting Web Applications in Azure
- Configuring an Azure Website
- Publishing an Azure Website
- Monitoring an Azure Website
Lab : Creating an ASP.NET Web site using Azure Websites
Module 5: Creating Modular Web Applications Using Azure
In this module, students learn how¬†to create¬†a modular web application and host it using Azure Cloud Service Web Roles.Lessons
- What is a Cloud Service?
- Cloud Service Web Roles
- Configuring¬†a Web Role
- Monitoring¬†a Web Role
Lab : Creating Azure Web Roles using Visual Studio 2013
Module 6: Processing Background Logic Using Azure
In this module, students will be able to use Cloud Service Worker Roles to process data in the background. Students will also be able to use Cloud Service Cache Roles to store data in the cache.Lessons
- Cloud Service Worker Roles
- Creating a Worker Role
- Configuring¬†a Worker Role
- Caching Data Using Roles
Lab : Creating a Background Process Using Azure
Module 7: Storing SQL Data in Azure
In this module students will be able to use Azure SQL to store and retrieve data.Lessons
- What is Azure SQL?
- Managing Servers And Databases¬†in Azure SQL
- Using Azure SQL with Data Tools
- Migrating Data to Azure SQL
- Using Azure SQL With Entity Framework
Lab : Storing Event Data in Azure SQL
Module 8: Storing non-relational data in Azure
In this module students will be able to use Azure Table storage to store and retrieve data.Lessons
- What¬†is Azure Storage?
- Azure Table Storage
- Using the Azure SDK¬†to Manipulate Data in Table Storage
- Monitoring Table Storage
- Using Table Storage in the Storage Emulator
Lab : Storing Event Registration Data in Azure Table Storage
Module 9: Storing Files and Media in Azure
In this module, students will be able to store and access multimedia files in Azure using Blob Storage.Lessons
- Azure Blob Storage
- Applying Permissions to Blob Storage
- Using¬†the Azure SDK to manipulate data in Blob Storage
- Monitoring BLOB Storage
- Using Blob Storage in the Storage Emulator
Lab : Storing Event Multimedia in Azure Blob Storage
Module 10: Storing Data in Queues Using Azure
In this module, students will use Azure Queue Storage to queue data for asynchronous processing.Lessons
- Overview¬†of Queues in Azure
- Azure Queue Storage
- Using¬†the Azure SDK to manipulate data in Queue Storage
- Monitoring Queue Storage
- What is¬†Azure Service Bus?
- Azure Service Bus Queues
- Using¬†the Azure SDK¬†to Manipulate Data¬†in Service Bus Queues
Lab : Using Queues to Manage Request Between Cloud Service Roles in Azure
Module 11: Relaying Web Services Using Azure
This module describes how to use the Azure Service Bus Relay to connect on-premise services with client applications.Lessons
- Service Bus Relay
- Implementing Service Bus Relay
Lab : Connecting to a Cloud Web Application to an on-premise WCF Service
Module 12: Asynchronously Notifying Applications Using Azure
In this module, students will¬†use Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs to publish messages to client applications.Lessons
- Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
- Registering Devices¬†with¬†a Notification Hub
- Pushing Messages to¬†a Notification Hub
Lab : Notifying a Windows Phone 8 Application Using Azure
Module 13: Implementing Security in Web Applications using Azure
In this module, students will learn how to use Azure Active Directory to implement security in a Cloud web application.Lessons
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Directory
- Azure AD Access Control Service
- Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication Provider
Lab : Implementing Security in the Events Administration Portal
Module 14: Deploying Web Applications to Azure
In this module, students will learn how to deploy web applications to Azure by using WebDeploy and Service packages.Lessons
- Deployment Strategies¬†for Azure Web Applications
- Deploying Web Applications Using Cloud Service Packages
- Deploying Web APPLICATIONS USING WEBDEPLOY
- Monitoring Cloud Applications
Lab : Deploying the Events Web Application to Azure
Module 15: Developing Mobile Services using Azure
In this module, students will be able to use Azure Mobile Services to provide a scalable and secure web service for mobile applications.Lessons
- Azure Mobile Services
- Communicating with Mobile Services
- Customizing Mobile Services
- Securing Mobile Services
Lab : Developing a Web Service for Mobile Clients Using Azure Mobile Services
- 6-12 months experience developing ASP.NET Web applications using C#
Do you have what it takes?
We¬īll help you decide ‚Äď Call us to discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine¬†how we can help you succeed in this Insoft course.
Just call us and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.