Session 1: Characteristics of Cloud Services from a business perspective
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing and provide examples.
- Describe the relationship between cloud computing and virtualisation.
- Name early examples of cloud computing.
- Understand several common definitions of cloud computing and their commonalities/differences.
- Recognise what types of organisations might or might not benefit from cloud computing.
- Distinguish between the different types of clouds, including XaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and give examples of them.
Session 2: Cloud Computing and business value
- Recognise the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
- Understand the following characteristics of clouds and cloud services from a business perspective.
- Demonstrate how the characteristics of cloud computing enhance business value.
Session 3: Technical Perspectives/Cloud types
- Understand the difference between private and public types of clouds from a technical perspective and provide examples.
- Understand at a high level the following important techniques and methods for cloud computing deployment.
- Explain technical challenges and risks for cloud computing and methods to mitigate them for.
- Describe the impact of cloud computing on application architecture and the application-development process.
Session 4: Steps to successful adoption of Cloud
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing services.
- Understand the roles and capabilities of cloud computing vendors and dependencies on the vendors.
- Understand the following organisational capabilities that are relevant for realising cloud benefits.
- Describe multiple approaches for migrating applications.
Session 5: Impact and changes of Clouse Computing on IT Service Management
- Understand the impact and changes cloud computing of UT service management in a typical organisation.
- Use a structured approach based on ITIL to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organisation.
Session 6: Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computing
- Explain and identify the issues associated with integrating cloud computing into organisations existing compliance risk and regulatory framework.
- Explain the implications for direct cost and cost allocations.
- Understand how to maintain strategic flexibility.