Today, technology has been rapidly evolving and with it comes threats. All these changes happen in a very short span that the security industry is still playing catch up. And most organizations have resorted to security tools designed to protect a specific function or segment of the network. As a result, maintaining multiple security solutions will not be easy.
Fortinet Security Fabric Platform
While most security vendors will promise security to specific segments, that approach has failed them to help organizations in keeping up with ever evolving threats.
This is where Fortinet Security Fabric comes in, this is an integrated platform of Fortinet designed to span the extended network while enforcing security everywhere. It converges networking and security together which allows to have an effective detection as well as real-time proactive enforcement across the entire attack surface, all powered by FortiOS.
The release of FortiOS 7.0 is a result of years of research and development, and it’s setting new industry standards for converged networking and security. This new update focuses on solving three key challenges like how to keep ahead of advanced threats, converging security and networking, and consolidation with actionable automation. Together with the update also introduces many innovations across the Fortinet Security Fabric to stop attacks more effectively.
Unlike other security solutions, Fortinet is making use of a security-driven networking approach which is designed for modern networking technologies across all network edges which ensures AI-powered security functions can be built-in to enable secure digital acceleration. Here’s an overview of the key enhancements that you can expect with FortiOS 7.0:
- SD-WAN: The industry’s most comprehensive Secure SD-WAN solution has now gotten better with FortiOS 7.0. It now delivers a powerful combination of AI-driven actionable intelligence, SOC and NOC process automation, and inline prevention of evasive and previously unknown threats.
- LAN Edge: Regardless of connection type, end users want a fast Ethernet and Wi-Fi connection, so IT needs to step up its security while reducing complexity especially on the onboarding of all types of devices.
- Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW): FortiOS 7.0 packs the already industry-leading enterprise security by delivering a powerful combination of AI-driven actionable intelligence, SOC and NOC process automation. With it comes support for HTTP/3, unified policy, and SaaS application segmentation.
- Identity and Access Management Products: IAM Security: With today’s businesses having multiple identities from various systems, managing such a large scale would be a challenge for the administrator. As a result, many would unknowingly provide inappropriate access to certain users which leads to security breaches. That is why securely and effectively managing identity authentication and authorization policies is crucial for protection against security breaches. With Fortinet’s Identity and Access Management Products or IAM Security, you can securely connect every identity to your resources and simplify management with enhanced user experience through Multi-Factor Authentication and Management, and Single Sign-on feature.
- ZTNA or Zero Trust Network Access: ZTNA simplifies management, deployment and enforcement of same access policies for remote users, whether on or off the network. FortiOS 7.0 introduces new inline security features, more convergence, and simplified operations.
- Micro-segmentation: Fortinet expands its Security Fabric and micro-segmentation to have better control of east-west traffic.
- Secure Remote Access – SASE: Networks nowadays have grown more distributed and workers are more dependent on cloud-based applications and environments to do their tasks, this also entails greater risk. SASE provides secure access to the cloud for users anywhere they are.
More Blogs for you:
Relevant Exams:NSE 4